I SHOULD DATE MYSELF

02:28


 Talking about ourselves, our lives and especially about our personality is one of the hardest things to talk about, yet it's mandatory when meeting new people or trying to get a job you've really been wishing for. Not the hardest because you wouldn't wanna talk about it, but the hardest because you don't want to be a dick and let others have the chance to speak too.


What we have to keep in mind, is that there is always a fine line between too much and enough. It's a line I sometimes forget to follow. Nevertheless, I think it's totally normal to talk about ourselves as much as we do. It does feel good, and you know what: why the hell not?!
We should be proud of who we are and what we do, and as long as we run this life of ours, those percentages are pretty well arranged if you ask me.

There are listeners and there are talkers. I like to think of myself as a good listener, but I much more prefer being on the other side. When I find something or someone interesting, I can't stop talking about it for days! Which may be hard for the listeners (aka my poor friends), so I often have to bite my tongue and force myself to keep quiet. The struggle is real.

I hope that the person I will end up with, will be so interesting and full of stories that I won't even mind being quiet. That happens, right?

What I am the most afraid of, is that I'll never find someone who would completely understand me. I mean my friends do, but I can't marry them. Being single for so long makes you love yourself way more, it makes you learn to love being alone and being the dictator of everything, what, when and where you do. It would take someone very special to bend the rules habits you've set for yourself. You learn to do everything on your own, and you soon realize that there is no reason for someone else to do the things for you. The little things that are relevant later in the relationship. Little things like men are "supposed" to do, but you've learned to do them in the meantime while waiting for the princ charming to show up. Changing the light bulb. Changing the oil in the car. Paying the bills. You need to learn how to share little tasks so the man feels needed. I believe every guy would be proud to have a woman who is handy and knows her way around the house and life in general, but at the end of the day, he needs to feel manly and like I've said before, needed. Silly, but tottaly understandable. Achievable? Probably, with time and a lot of biting my tongue.

I'm not so sure where I wanted to go with this article exactly, but what it is, is that it's ok to proudly talk about your life, yourself and about all the little shit that's going on, all you have to be careful about, is giving others the same time to express themselves too, and learn that you don't always have to do everything by yourself. Just find the right person and I bet eyerything just flows naturally as it's supposed to.

This week we're expecting a new heat wave, starting today actually, so I'm going to tan my booty a little before it get's too hot! Have a lovely week everyone!! And WHAAAAT, tomorrow we're waking up in August already! Damn, this summer is slipping away so fast.

Talk to you soon,
xxo

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji